About the course
This course helps you to develop strong interpersonal skills in the art and science of negotiation. You will learn to apply these skills to complex organizational issues and individual needs. The course includes a Negotiating Style Profile self-assessment to determine your preferred negotiation style(s).
Petroleum industry personnel who are responsible for negotiating the best possible terms of an agreement in public and private sectors and those negotiating resources and deliverables in projects and programs.
Upon completion, you will know how to:
- Follow a step-by-step method to the structure, techniques, and approaches available to positively influence an effective negotiation
- Leverage the power of Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA), Worst Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement (WATNA), Zone of Possible Agreement (ZOPA), and Walk Away Price (WAP)
- Respond to tough negotiators
- Select a strategy for your negotiation
- Use the Agree, Bargain, Control or Delay (ABCD) method
- Apply what you’ve learned to plan a negotiation back on the job using the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) model